Sunday 12 April 2015

Ontario QSO Party 2015

Coming up next weekend is the Ontario QSO Party.  The airways should be alive with VE3 and VA3 stations calling CQ.

I hope the propagation will be better than we have had over the past week otherwise we're in for a pretty slow and dismal weekend.

The rules for this event can be found HERE.

I had the IC-703 out today checking it out as I will be doing the contest as a QRP station using my VE3FCT callsign and handing out contacts from the "very rare" Frontenac County.  Not sure if I will operate portable or stick around the shack, I'm leaning to operate portable, but not sure where I should do that from.

Hope to work some of you guys next weekend............perhaps even that VA3QV character!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,
    when I was living in a condo a few years back I used to venture out to the local city parks. Of course I knew all the parks that had picnic tables year round so that even in winter I could get out and operate. Another benefit of that was that there was always someone who would stop and ask what you were doing and I would then be able to ramble on about the hobby that I enjoy so much. I could also put the world of QRP into perspective for them and they would always be surprised at what could be accomplished with such little power. I hope you find a great spot for the weekend's events. Good Luck de Scott ve3vvf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott,

      Looks like Fort Henry Hill will be the operating location for the weekend.........Let's just hope the rain doesn't interfere too much :-)

      Delete
  2. I would say that as long as the wind stays calm you should be good there. I remember a few windy Remembrance Day services on the water there that were quite...brisk. Luckily it's not November. Sounds like a good spot.

    ReplyDelete