Wednesday 27 June 2012

Busy July.......

It's looking like it will be a busy summer for portable operating this year, I'm hoping the weather is going to cooperate! 

'Tis the season to be outside playing radio, not cooped up indoors in the shack.  Try some antenna experiments, find a hilltop to work from, activate an island, activate a lighthouse.....there's always something to do when the weather is good....and some of us "nutcases" even do this in the winter!

So far there does not seem to be a free weekend in July!  So far we have:
July 1st - Canada Day Contest
July 8th - Iroquois Island Activation (ON271)
July 14/15th - IARU HF World Championships
July 21/22nd - CQ WW VHF Contest
July 22nd - 4 Mile point Light Activation (CAN823)
July 28/29th - RSGB IOTA Contest

Tucked in with all those dates is July 4th which just happens to be my 25th wedding anniversary.  How she puts up with me is one of lifes big mysteries!! Anyway......we'll see if I'm still alive at the end of the month!

4 comments:

  1. Yes it's true the summer is here and if the weather holds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day Bill,

    I presume on Sunday (the 8th) you will be set up in the park on Iroquois Island? What time will you and the gang be there?

    God willin' and the crick don't rise, I was planning to take a drive down that way and stop by for a visit.

    cheers, Graham ve3gtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham,

      Not sure what is going on right now. I've just got back from a trip to celebrate my 25th wedding aniversary, and I haven't heard from anyone about the trip yet. At the moment I'd have to say it's off.

      73,
      Bill

      Delete
  3. Oki Doki Bill.

    Post something here or email me once it gets sorted out. The park is easily accessible almost all year long so there is plenty of opportunity to activate the island at another time.

    cheers, Graham ve3gtc

    ReplyDelete